Saturday, November 29, 2008

How To Know The Best Place To Advertise Online

By Don Bethune

I have pondered the question aCan I know the best place to advertise online?a for quite some time know. Both my husband and I are trying to find a place where we can get some free website traffic. The need for this is because we are trying to start our own business online.

Many companies offer either increased website traffic or some free website traffic. But depending on your product is how the demographical location of your ads is determined. What if the company that is creating our potential traffic lacks the knowledge of our product that we are selling? That lack of knowledge will cause us to loose money through advertising which in turn causes us to loose potential revenue.

The true need that we really have is that we need a company that will actually take a chance on selling us an advertising package without any apprehension on their part. Shouldnat it matter that we are the ones trusting them by investing our money? We believe that because we trust them they should in turn trust us by advertising our business without those limitations.

I am sure you have heard of that car insurance company that says aIf we canat save you money, weall find someone that can!a That is the motto I am looking for in an advertising company. It is important to us that we find a company that has different specialties according to what products they advertise for.

I do believe that the first step in this transaction is to have a good mutual understanding of what we want to be advertised. With this understanding I would like to be offered a free trial of some kind. This would show a good faith effort on the advertising company that we are doing business with. It would show they believe they can produce good increased website traffic.

Starting and managing our own business has many risks of it's own already, but taking on the risk of choosing a company out of the phone book is not a risk that I want to take with my new business.

The risk of advertising with a company that can't produce enough traffic is almost as scary as a company that can handle the ad, but they just don't have a good feel for who this type of business is geared to.

So I am back to the same question again, \"What's the best place to advertise online?\". The only answers I have been able to come up with is listen to what the other businesses around me are saying and take a chance on their word of mouth.

No comments: